Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Luck has changed!




So after a month and a half of hunting, this week our luck has finally changed. Cheyenne and I started hunting elk opening day of bow season (sept 1) On Sun (Oct 12) Chey got his elk. Yesterday when he got home from work I decided I would look in the spotting scope to see if I could see any elk and there they were. I said to Chey "there's the elk" He says "ya right" (as he's grabbing the binoculars, still he can't see them) I say "look right here in the scope" he looks, runs to the phone and says "dad we have the elk spotted, this time for REAL" (we've spotted a couple of elk rocks). Anyway we threw on the camo jumped on the wheelers and the race was on. I am not sure if when Chey sees elk his common sense shuts off or if he is the worlds toughest man, but I think he could run a marathon with no prior training if there were elk standing at the end of it. After a mile up hill and almost killing his dad and I we are getting closer, Cheyenne looks down a finds a deer shed (now I know our luck is changing) we drop down into this bottom and Chey heads to the sage brush to stash his deer shed when his dad points and says elk. These were not the elk we had spotted these were much closer and easier to get to so yay Craig for spotting them there were 2 bulls and some cows and calves in the bunch we took the two bulls. Stacy I totally agree with Jason only the coolest blogs have pictures of elk on them!

2 comments:

moller99 said...

Yeah I am so excited for you guys! Now we just have a few more friends that still need that luck to turn around.

Anonymous said...

I don't really hunt but if I put up a pretty picture of an elk can I be cool too?:) lol

That's awesome for you guys!