Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sad I missed it






My family (ie my mom, dad, sister and her chillins) just called and they have returned safely from a reunion in Texas. It is called the unfamily, a bunch of old friends get together every memorial day at the lake my grandparents live on in Texas. It has been happening as long as I can remember and this was the last one. I really wish I could have been there, but circumstances wouldn't allow it this year. So to all of you reunioners i missed you and wish I could have been there.

The weather didn't allow for much for us here in Boulder, but we barbecued yesterday with Cheys parents and Grandma. That was nice. It was also nice for Chey to have an extra day off. Between rain showers Jake and I took a little four wheeler ride to the back of the property and these are the pics I took. I feel awfully lucky for this to be my backyard. It is so beautiful.

It has rained so much here but with the cold weather the runoff has slowed down drastrically the whole car is once again out of the river. It is amazing to me how the water levels can change so quickly.

Anyway we got the easement granted from the lady across the street so that is great news. i am still waiting very impatiently for news from the bank. They are showing our house again tonight to someone that has already looked at it. They have narrowed it down to our house and one other so hopefully we will have an offer tomorrow.

As with any time you build there are always set backs. Seems like a new one hits us every day. hopefully they will all work out and we will be in our new house soon.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You're so cute amy. :)

Jen said...

AMY! I just read your comment about my book. Thanks so much. I am so glad that you like it and that you are reading it. I love and miss you too.

Jen said...

Amy, your comments make me so happy. I am so happy that you are liking my book. thank you! YA! It's actually done. All 20 chapters. So, thank you and I'll try to post more quickly for you. :) love you!

fara said...

Amy, I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Lily's pulling herself up and walking along the furniture - and taking on the stairs. You're land is beautiful. I'm so excited & happy for you.